maven-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Colwell <acolw...@real.com>
Subject Re: Unit test stub object question
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:29:14 GMT
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 09:25:33PM +0100, Arnaud Bailly wrote:
> Aaron Colwell wrote:
> >Hi,
>
> Hello,
> Could'n you make a separate 'test-stub' project and add a dependency in
> your project ? This would cleanly separate test code from main code
> while giving you greater control on how your stub code is structured.

I thought about that. My concern is that I'd have 'test-stub' projects
popping up for each project that needed to share it's stubs. Creating a
project that is the 'union' of all the stubs across sub-projects is also
less desirable because it forces that stub project to have a dependency on
all sub-projects. In my case people will likely only be working with subsets
of the sub-projects. I'm also concerned that the 'test-stub' project creates
a circular dependency. The 'test-stub' project relies on the sub-project for
interface declarations. The sub-project relies on the 'test-stub' project for
its unit test stubs. Does maven deal with that kind of dependency properly?

More suggestions are welcome.

Unfortunately my project isn't quite ready to make the Maven 2.0 jump yet.

Aaron