maven-users mailing list archives

From Lars Trieloff <>
Subject [m2] compilerId for maven-compiler-plugin
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 23:49:05 GMT

according to the maven-compiler-plugin documentation I can set the
compiler to be used by adding the compilerId element to my pom.xml.

However my small example POM which includes following build
configuration is unable to work with maven.

I tell the compiler-plugin to use the eclipse compiler and add it as
dependency to the compiler-plugin. But when I run maven, it fails with:
"No such compiler 'eclipse'.". The stack trace is:

Maven even does not attempt to load or download plexus-compiler-eclipse
from the central repository.

Is there an error in my build configuration or is this a bug of m2?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message