maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Pöllath <>
Subject Re: [m2] Using the jetty6 plugin was: Using the tomcat plugin
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:03:42 GMT

The one thing that keeps me from using the jetty6 plugin instead of
tomcat for development is the log4j configuration for my spring

As usual, the application expects log4j config in For use with jetty, I need a different
config file to be available at that location (log to console instead
of files), so I dropped this into my POM:

		<pluginRepositories ... />
					<!-- include config for use with jetty -->
					<!-- exclude regulat config for use with tomcat -->

			<pluginManagement ... />
		<dependencies ... oracle ... />

The exclude stuff seems to work, but src/jetty/resources/ doesn't seem to be placed on the classpath:
Embedded error: Invalid 'log4jConfigLocation' parameter: class path
resource [] cannot be resolved to URL because it does
not exist

Jetty says
[INFO] Setting up classpath ...
:INFO:  Checking Resource aliases
[INFO] Finished setting up classpath

Is it possible to somehow display the classpath for inspection?

I thought of filtering web.xml to manipulate the expected filename,
but I guess that won't work since the webapp directory is src/main/

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message