maven-users mailing list archives

From Wendell Beckwith <wbeckw...@gmail.com>
Subject [m2b3] How to use profiles for selective plugin activation?
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2005 15:35:14 GMT
Where can I find a good document or an example of how to use profiles to
control the plugins that are activated in a specific phase? I have the
following build element:

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<configuration>
<source>1.5</source>
<target>1.5</target>
</configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<groupId>com.agitar.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-agitar-plugin</artifactId>
<executions>
<execution>
<goals>
<goal>agitate</goal>
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
<reporting>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<groupId>com.agitar.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-agitar-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
<projectName>My Project</projectName>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</reporting>

The maven-agitar-plugin has 1 mojo bound to the test phase and 1 that
generates a report, but they take quite a bit of time to run, so I want
these mojos to only run of the build server. I understand profiles should be
the way to handle this, but I'm lost on the syntax of what goes where in the
pom, and what I need to add in the settings.xml and/or on the command line
to make this only active for the build server.

Wb