maven-users mailing list archives

From <Sasa.Dju...@swisscom.com>
Subject RE: dependency recommendations: jaac
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:41:16 GMT
i had similiar problems. take a look at the maven ant tasks which you
can find here:
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/ant-tasks.html.

in our project weve got lotsa third-party dependencies which are not
published anywhere. i made a little pom.xml for each of those jars and
deployed them on our internal repository with the deploy ant task. its a
bit strange to use ant to call maven to maintain the repository, but it
works for us.

ciao
  sasa

-----Original Message-----
From: Pascal Thivent [mailto:pascal.thivent@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:28 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: dependency recommendations: jaac

I should have ask wich version of maven you're using... The <url>
element doesn't seem to be supported in m2. I guess it would brake the
transitive dependency mechanism because this feature relies on remote
repositories, even for licenced jars. You need perhaps to add your jaac
jar in your own repository manually. I don't know exactly what the maven
team did plan for this use case.

On 10/10/05, Brian Bonner <brian.bonner@paraware.com> wrote:
> Pascal, thanks.  That's good to know.  I don't believe the URL was in
> the POM as it was being downloaded.  It certainly didn't display it
> when
> m2 complained.
> Again for new folks, maybe this should be included in the ibiblio
> pom.xml files.
>
> In the case for jacc where hibernate is optionally dependent upon this

> file at runtime, would it go in the hibernate pom.xml, or the jacc
> pom.xml?  I suspect the hibernate pom.xml since it would be able to
> display the msg if the jacc's pom.xml was not available.
>
> Brian
>

> Pascal Thivent wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the <url> element of a dependency should be used for this. According

> > to the documentation, "this url will be provided to the user if the
> > jar file cannot be downloaded from the central repository" (see

http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html#class_Dependen
cy).

> > Cheers,
> >
> > On 10/10/05, Brian Bonner <brian.bonner@paraware.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,  I'm fairly new to maven.
> >>
> >> Is there a facility within maven that would suggest to a user where

> >> to download a dependency from if it's not included in ibiblio
repository?
> >> I'm looking for javax.security jaac which hibernate 3.0.5
> >> apparently has a dependency on.  I believe it's buried in the J2EE
> >> 1.4 download, but this would really be nice to point someone in the
right direction for this.

> >> Maybe this could be a new feature?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Brian