maven-users mailing list archives

From "Marrs, Thomas" <Thomas.Ma...@Galileo.com>
Subject RE: M2 and Remote HTTP Repo on Tomcat
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:37:18 GMT
OK, then why have a remote/shared repository? I thought that the whole idea
*was* to replace the local repository - we want a common place with all the
same JARs so we're all looking at the same thing.
The main reason I wanted a shared repository is that I don't want to walk
everyone through the tedious process of adding all the Sun JARs (JDBC, JTA,
JSF) to each local repository. If this is wrong, then what's the right way?

So, what's the process for setting up a remote repository? Do I just copy
the contents of my local repository to the repository directory under
CATALINA_HOME?

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Duncan [mailto:stephen.duncan@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:31 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: M2 and Remote HTTP Repo on Tomcat

Remote repositories are for sharing artifacts between users.  They are not a
replacement for the local repository.

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

The information in this electronic mail message is sender's business
Confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
addressee(s). Access to this Internet electronic mail message by anyone else
on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
virus, worm, Trojan horse, and/or malicious code when sent. This message and
its attachments could have been infected during transmission. By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action about viruses and
other defects. Cendant is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any
way from this message or its attachments.