maven-users mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: partial multiproject release
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:21:49 GMT
Hi Orjan,
I guess the moral of the story is that you should not put dependencies on
SNAPSHOTs. Or put another way, if you depend upon SNAPSHOTs then you are
coupling yourself to the release cycle of the SNAPSHOT project. Separating
generic,a,b, and c into separate projects, you are saying that each of these
packages has independent life cycles, and thus, you need to cut real
releases.
The Release Plugin should not cut releases of projects outside it's current
scope.
My two cents.
Cheers,
-- Chris