maven-users mailing list archives

From Brian Bonner <brian.bon...@paraware.com>
Subject Re: Flattened Eclipse Project
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 19:07:32 GMT
FWIW, This sample posted in MNG-743 is *very useful*.  Nice way of
illustrating dependent builds.  If you haven't pulled this down already,
I'd recommend doing so and running an m2 install against it and then m2
eclipse:eclipse.  It's a great starter template.

The biggest pain I see is that if a developer (me) uses eclipse to
checkout the root project he has to check it out to another location and
then delete the project from the workspace (without actually deleting
the contents).

After this (at least with 3.1) the developer (me, again) can import the
root project.  It will correctly import each of the modules into eclipse
(or so it seems).

A couple of questions:

1.  I noticed the dependencies are at the pom packaging level vs. the
war/ear, etc. level.  Is there a reason for this, except that if you for
example added another war to the servlets project, the assumption is
that this *too* would be dependent upon fop?

2.  I noticed that eclipse:eclipse only uses standard builders (i.e.
jar).  Did anyone have any thoughts on generating the other eclipse
artifacts (for example for the WTP) for WARs.

Thanks.

Brian