maven-users mailing list archives

From "Russell, Mark" <Mark_Russ...@csgsystems.com>
Subject RE: M2 and inheritance
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:50:22 GMT
A very good sample project showing how this is done can be found at
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-743

Basically you setup the project dependencies in the
<dependencyManagement> section and then reference those dependencies in
the child projects (minus the version number as it will get that from
the parent pom.)

MAR

-----Original Message-----
From: Alvarado, Juan [mailto:jalvarad@trendium.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 9:36 AM
To: 'users@maven.apache.org'
Subject: M2 and inheritance

I have one project with three modules. A dependency might be needed in
more
than one module. If I add that dependency to my top level pom.xml, the
modules below do not pick it up.  I was under the impression that given
maven's inheritance capabilities I would be able to do this. What I want
avoid is having to repeat the same dependencies in different pom.xml
files.

Thanks in advance,

Juan A.