maven-users mailing list archives

From "Allison, Bob" <robert.alli...@qwest.com>
Subject RE: [m2] Multiproject directory organization on CVS
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:28:51 GMT
We have our entire project, including subprojects, in a single CVS module.  The directory at
the top of the module contains the root POM, etc.  Each subproject is a subdirectory of that
top level.

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Nelson Arape
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 10:16
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: RE: [m2] Multiproject directory organization on CVS

Sorry, I did not make may self clear. I don't have problems with How maven
handles subprojects, but in how organize thos projects in a CVS repository.

How I look, I have to options:
1.- Make the whole project and subprojects a module in the CVS repository.
2.- Make each subproject a distinct module in the CVS repository.

I originally thought that 1 was the way to go, but then I haven't a place to
store the project (root) pom.xml, src/site and src/assembly files.

So now I think option 2 is the way to go.

Can anyone confirm, denied or expand my assumptions

Nelson Arape