maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: [m2] eclipse integration pitch
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:04:00 GMT
On 9/23/05, Andrew Niefer <aniefer@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> There is really 2 sides to this.  The first is build regular java projects
> using maven(2) from within eclipse.  The second is building eclipse
> plugins.   I expect the first is relatively straightforward,  the second
> is more complex and would require some sort of osgi-maven plugin and the
> ability to go from the OSGI manifest to the pom.xml.

Apache Felix (in the incubator) have started the m2 osgi plugin. I'm
working through that with them, and when it stabilises a bit I'm sure
we will get a solution up and running to build Eclipse plugins.

> We are still trying to identify the points where m2 would need work and
> any help from the community would certainly help move things along.

I'm defnintely tracking it, and will have more time to spend on it in
Oct. If you have any questions, feel free to drop us a line here.

Thanks,
Brett