maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy Glick <andygl...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [maven 1.0.2]SpringGraph plugin issue with Connections...
Date Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:58:37 GMT
Mick,

Looking at the stack trace you included, I think that 1 scenario that
accounts for the trace is:

1) springgraph was attempting to invoke an xslt stylesheet on your
applicationContext.xml file
2) the xslt processor is looking for the spring-beans.dtd. XML processors
often have a catalog capability, which allows a configuration to store
objects that are normally remote locally - sort of like a maven.repo.local
- that's being described in the line resolveEntity
3) the xslt processor doesn't find a matching catalog entry, so it attempts
to connect to www.springframework.org, that seems to have timed out

I imagine that you may have executed this again since the failure and it
may well have worked. I was just able to access the dtd from
www.springframework.org with no difficulty.

I will also tell you that I regularly experience timeouts when my machine
attempts to contact Ibiblio - it isn't necessarily about your connection as
much as it is likely to be the remote host and/or possibly the intervening
network path - if the remote host is overloaded, that can lead to timeouts
- if the network path is congested that can lead to timeouts

of course if your machine is overloaded, that can also lead to timeouts :-)

When ever I get network timeouts I always try again, because unless some
critical part of the network path or the remote host is down, outages ought
to be temporary