maven-users mailing list archives

From Orjan Austvold <austv...@colibria.com>
Subject [m2] range dependencies in (at least) plugins breaks build
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:36:01 GMT
In an eager attempt I came to specify a couple of dependencies in a
parent-pom of a plugin as

             <dependency>
                 <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
                 <artifactId>maven-project</artifactId>
                 <version>[2.0-beta-1,)</version>
             </dependency>
             <dependency>
                 <groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
                 <artifactId>maven-plugin-api</artifactId>
                 <version>[2.0-beta-1,)</version>
             </dependency>

After some fiddling I found out that this was the reason for a NPE in my
build.

java.lang.NullPointerException: version was null for
org.apache.maven:maven-plugin-api
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.DefaultArtifact.getBaseVersion(DefaultArtifact.java:311)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.DefaultArtifact.getId(DefaultArtifact.java:208)

I could not find any information on the maven2 site about ranged deps so
I guess they are not supported (yet)?

Best regards,
Ørjan

--
Ørjan Austvold - Senior Software Architect
www.colibria.com - putting the presence into messaging