maven-users mailing list archives

From Arnaud HERITIER <aherit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ejb and war plugins (maven 1.1 beta2)
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:41:19 GMT
On 9/20/05, jan_bar <herkule9s@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPWAR-50.
>
> I am starting with maven and j2ee, so my opinion may be of small value.
> For
> now I added:
> <j:if test="${dep.type =='ejb'}">
> <ant:copy todir="${webapp.build.lib}" file="${lib.path}"/>
> </j:if>

It's good.

Thanks, Jan

> PS: Can I create dependency on plugin patch? Or at least check if the
> plugin
> is of certain version and issue bug during build? The problem is that the
> dependency is silently skipped.

You can create a dependency on your project to use a GIVEN version of a
plugin.
<!-- Maven STAT CVS Plugin -->
<dependency>
<groupId>statcvs</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-statcvs-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.7</version>
<type>plugin</type>
<url>http://statcvs-xml.berlios.de/maven-plugin/</url>
</dependency>

We also created a new tag to check if a minimal version of a plugin is
available but it will not help you because :
- it's in the plugin-plugin which isn't yet released
- it will move your problem because your build will fail if you don"t have
at least this new version of the plugin-plugin.
A workaround is to copy the code in your maven.xml :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/plugin/plugin.jelly
definition, search for :

<define:tag name="assertPluginAvailable">

usage :

<assert:assertPluginAvailable groupId="maven"
artifactId="maven-artifact-plugin" minRelease="1.3"
neededBy="${plugin.artifactId}"/>

Arnaud
Arnaud