maven-users mailing list archives

From "David Jackman" <David.Jack...@fastsearch.com>
Subject RE: SCM Tagging / Releasing
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:05:44 GMT
I was of the presumption that (at least with CVS) when you do a tag it tags the version of
each file that are present on your machine, regardless of what the latest version is on the
SCM server.  I don't know for sure if the SCM plugin command is doing it this way (since it
is possible to have it tag the latest version without regard for what's present locally),
but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

..David..

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Böckling [mailto:Michael.Boeckling@giniality.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 9:46 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: SCM Tagging / Releasing

Hello,

I'd like to know whether tagging with SCM is problematic with concurrent access. Say, I want
to make a release, and while SCM is running and does its job, some developer commits a patch
to the repository. What happens?
Do I get an inconsistent state, or is that impossible (be it with CVS or SVN)?
This information is quite important for me, and I thank everyone in advance who knows something.

Many Thanks,
Michael Böckling