maven-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Pöllath <li...@poellath.org>
Subject Re: [m2] trouble accessing internal repository with beta1
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:43:59 GMT
On 24.09.2005, at 02:31, Brett Porter wrote:
> Yep, sftp will work. ftp will work if wagon-ftp is added as an
> extension.

So I switched my access method from scp to sftp with beta-1.

Now I'm trying to deploy a project that does not yet exist in either
the local or internal (company-wide) repository, and m2 fails like this:

---
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] [deploy:deploy]
Uploading: sftp://internal.example.com/home/maven/maven2/blah/blah/
0.1/blah-0.1.jar
[INFO] Retrieving previous metadata from internal
[INFO]
----
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
----
[INFO] Diagnosis: Error deploying artifact
[INFO]
----
[ERROR] Cause:
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error deploying artifact
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.ArtifactDeploymentException: Error
deploying artifact:
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.metadata.ArtifactMetadataRetrievalException: U
nable to retrieve metadata
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Error
occured while downloading from the remote repository:[internal] ->
sftp://internal.example.com/home/maven/maven2
Caused by: No such file
         at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(Unknown Source)
         at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.stat(Unknown Source)
         at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.get(Unknown Source)
         at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.get(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.SftpWagon.get
(SftpWagon.java:216)
---

In the internal repository, the jar, jar.md5 and jar.sha1 files have
been created, but no pom. I'm wondering what file m2 is trying to
retrieve? The "No such file" error message could be improved by
adding the expected file name.

> The doco on this area is a little lean, but we're working on it now.

Thanks Brett, your work on m2 and help on this list is highly
appreciated!

Cheers,
-Ralph.