maven-users mailing list archives

From "Mayorgaadame, Alex [IT]" <alex.mayorgaad...@citigroup.com>
Subject RE: Continuous integration for dummies anyone?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 21:46:39 GMT
Thanks on your tips. CruiseControl Wiki was down almost all day and I'm yet not able to found
the Maven+CruiseControl+CVS manual, maybe I can contribute there. I'll try to get this working
tomorrow. Looks to be not very hard.

Thanks on being so nice to newbies here
Alex Mayorga Adame
Citigrouo
Enterprise Applications Engineering

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Bisotti [mailto:jbisotti@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 12:00 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Continuous integration for dummies anyone?

On 8/1/05, Mayorgaadame, Alex [IT] <alex.mayorgaadame@citigroup.com> wrote:
> Hello all Maven guys and gals:
>
> I'm a total newbie to this stuff, but I've got an assignment to set up a Maven + Cruise
Control + CVS thing for a "Hello world!" application.

> Can anybody walk me trough or point me to a comprehensive guide?
>
> I haven't been able to find one yet. I promise to log everything I learn to my blog or
to any wiki that would help new users of this great product.

> Regards
> Alex Mayorga Adame

Check out the Wiki on the CruiseControl site; I believe it has a
Maven/CC/CVS scenario.
Basically, get your project building with Maven is the first/most
important step.  After that, it's just a matter of setting up CC's
config.xml (fairly simple/straight forward), and you should be off and
running.  I'd suggest updating to the latest
maven-cruisecontrol-plugin and using it to generate the initial
config.xml; then you can tweak that as you get more familiar with
things.

--
Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer