maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency Management - Need advice
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2005 03:22:06 GMT
Ok, there are a few ways to attack this.

1) dependency mangement, as you say.

2) hold each of the dependencies at snapshot. This will effectively do
what you want, but that build won't be reproducible.

3) use a range. Again, not reproducible, but means you can get the
latest release instead of just development versions without having to
update the data (so have the freedom to bless which one will be used)

We're still working on full support for (3). It sounds to me like you
want (2), and want your nightly build to run the release plugin, and
have it tag the project and update all the internal versions.

- Brett