maven-users mailing list archives

From Jamie Bisotti <jbiso...@gmail.com>
Subject When extending a "parent" project.xml, not everything seems to get inheirited
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 15:42:47 GMT
Using Maven 1.0.2, I have the following layout:

trunk
    common
        project.xml
    components
        comp1
            project.xml
        comp2
            project.xml
    framework
        project.xml

where common/project.xml is the "parent" POM and the other three
project.xml files extend it.  I'm seeing several places where it
elements are not being inheirited.  The <organization> element is one
example, and <resource> is another.

The following works fine when it appears in one of the "child" POMs,
but as soon as I move it to the "parent" POM, the resources are no
longer getting copied.

<resources>
    <resource>
        <directory>${basedir}/src/java</directory>
        <includes>
            <include>**/*.hbm.xml</include>
        </includes>
        <filtering>false</filtering>
    </resource>
</resources>

Running "maven -X java:jar-resources" shows no reference to the
<resources> in the "parent", but it does show reference to the few
remaining <resources> in the "child"

Not sure if I'm missing something or doing something wrong.  Any
insights would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jamie Bisotti