maven-users mailing list archives

From Jamie Bisotti <jbiso...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Continuous integration for dummies anyone?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:00:21 GMT
On 8/1/05, Mayorgaadame, Alex [IT] <alex.mayorgaadame@citigroup.com> wrote:
> Hello all Maven guys and gals:
>
> I'm a total newbie to this stuff, but I've got an assignment to set up a Maven + Cruise
Control + CVS thing for a "Hello world!" application.

> Can anybody walk me trough or point me to a comprehensive guide?
>
> I haven't been able to find one yet. I promise to log everything I learn to my blog or
to any wiki that would help new users of this great product.

> Regards
> Alex Mayorga Adame

Check out the Wiki on the CruiseControl site; I believe it has a
Maven/CC/CVS scenario.
Basically, get your project building with Maven is the first/most
important step.  After that, it's just a matter of setting up CC's
config.xml (fairly simple/straight forward), and you should be off and
running.  I'd suggest updating to the latest
maven-cruisecontrol-plugin and using it to generate the initial
config.xml; then you can tweak that as you get more familiar with
things.

--
Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer