maven-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Faulstich" <pfaulst...@llbean.com>
Subject Maven Recommended Directory Structure
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:52:05 GMT
I've been browsing through the archives looking for some documentation
regarding the thought process that went into the Maven directory
structure conventions, but haven't found much yet.

We are restructuring one of our projects, and it would be helpful to be
able to explain to others (and to understand myself) why Maven's
recommendation differs from Sun's
(http://java.sun.com/blueprints/code/projectconventions.html#92194).

In particular:
 - directory names (target vs dist, resources vs conf)
 - the purpose of the /main folder under src (src/main/java vs src/java)
 - placing tests under src (src/test vs test/testname/src)

If this is a dead horse, then please just point me to the discussions
that already exist.

Thanks,

Paul

--