maven-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam.ma...@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject Re: m2 generate-sources goal
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 10:18:31 GMT
Hi Sid,

you would require a plugin that maven can execute during the
generate-sources step of the lifecycle.

You would configure your plugin into your pom a bit like this for xdoclet:

<plugin>
   <artifactId>maven-xdoclet-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
   <executions>
     <execution>
       <phase>generate-sources</phase>
       <goals>
         <goal>xdoclet</goal>
       </goals>
       <configuration>
          <tasks>
            <ejbdoclet>ejbdoclet stuff</ejbdoclet>
          </tasks>
       </configuration>
     </execution>
   </executions>
</plugin>

Check out the docs on the maven website about writing plugins, which is
where you would do your code generation.

HTH
Adam