maven-users mailing list archives

From "David Jackman" <David.Jack...@fastsearch.com>
Subject RE: Continuous integration for dummies anyone?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 16:48:58 GMT
I've been using these three in combination for a number of months now,
and I have been working with CC for longer than I have with CVS and
Maven.  I would also recommend the wiki for CC as a starting point.
Feel free to email me (or the group if it's Maven related) with
additional questions and I'll try to help out.

..David..

-----Original Message-----
From: Jamie Bisotti [mailto:jbisotti@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 10:00 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Continuous integration for dummies anyone?

On 8/1/05, Mayorgaadame, Alex [IT] <alex.mayorgaadame@citigroup.com>
wrote:
> Hello all Maven guys and gals:
>
> I'm a total newbie to this stuff, but I've got an assignment to set up
a Maven + Cruise Control + CVS thing for a "Hello world!" application.

> Can anybody walk me trough or point me to a comprehensive guide?
>
> I haven't been able to find one yet. I promise to log everything I
learn to my blog or to any wiki that would help new users of this great
product.

> Regards
> Alex Mayorga Adame

Check out the Wiki on the CruiseControl site; I believe it has a
Maven/CC/CVS scenario.
Basically, get your project building with Maven is the first/most
important step.  After that, it's just a matter of setting up CC's
config.xml (fairly simple/straight forward), and you should be off and
running.  I'd suggest updating to the latest maven-cruisecontrol-plugin
and using it to generate the initial config.xml; then you can tweak that
as you get more familiar with things.

--
Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer