maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy Glick <andygl...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Setting maven.repo.list dynamically - possible bug?
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:37:02 GMT

Brett Porter wrote:
> THis is a limitation of maven:get/set - the plugin must be initialised
> first. Try adding xmlns:artifact="artifact" to your
> maven.xml/plugin.jelly.
>
> Alternatively, use j:set scope="parent" var="maven.repo.list" ...

Lach, Thierry replied:

I was not able to get it to work at all using maven:set/get - even after
including the artifact xmlns in both plugin.jelly and the calling
maven.xml - and even after executing <artifact:check-legacy> as part of
a pregoal for "build:start".

I WAS able to get it running using <j:set scope="parent">, but not
precisely the way I wanted.  I tried to execute the <j:set
scope="parent"> in a tag defined in the plugin that was called by the
preGoal in the plugin, but it didn't work.  It only worked when the
preGoal in my plugin.jelly directly executed the <j:set scope="parent">.

I ask:

What is "it" that declaring the artifact namespace is supposed to do, and how should that
be different, if it should, from what one might expect that setting <j:set scope="parent">
would do?

Brett, do you have any sense why Thierry couldn't inject a property into the plugin when he
included the artifact namespace in both his plugin and his maven.xml file, but that it worked
when he set the scope to parent?