maven-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Roumanoff" <Patrick.Rouman...@macquarie.com>
Subject RE: Best approach in using maven w/ eclipse
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 02:42:54 GMT
Hi,

I don't know if it's of any interest to you, but I managed to use the
newly released WTP (http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/ )to do just that.

I like WTP a lot as with my setup it seems much faster/stable than myEclipse
for jsp editing.

Moreover the deployement is much closer to a real one because it allows
you to build the dependant jars and use the maven repository, as maven would do,
but within eclipse.

With WTP you get a real build process to a have a working webapp
(copy files across, assemble jar, copy maven dependencies).

WTP also deploys the webapp to the webserver of your choice (tomcat included)

But it doesn't come free, you have to configure this build process in a new
format (.wtpmodules). It's still a bit of a pain to configure, but I think it's worth the
effort.

What would be nice is to have either the eclipse maven plugin or
the mevenide eclipse plugin updated to generate/synchronize those .wtpmodules for you.

details at http://roumanoff.blogspot.com/

cheers,

Patrick

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may