maven-users mailing list archives

From Reid Pinchback <rei...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Alternate build step
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 01:49:28 GMT

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll try that, see if I
get anywhere.  The problem I've had so far is that
I want to both build the site and have checkstyle
run (so the report be part of the site), and can't
get both at the same time.

If I tell Maven where the source is then it tries to
build it (but will fail for multiple reasons I won't
go into) but the checkstyle could theoretically run.
If I don't tell Maven where the source is, it never
runs checkstyle (at least not via the whatever
collection of reports get processed via site:default).

>From your suggestion and looking at the "Migrating
from Ant" page, maybe what I need to do is create
a checkstyle goal like you suggested, also create
a goal for my Ant build script.  Then make both of
those be preGoals for the site.  If I can come up
with a checkstyle goal where I get to specify the
source location, so I don't have to specify the source
location in project.xml, maybe I'll be ok.