maven-users mailing list archives

From dan tran <dant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RES: Artifacts final names
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:41:33 GMT
I hope the future maven will address the capability to combine type
with artifactId into one.  For now, your must give them diffent names

Good luck.

-Dan

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 18:37:52 -0200, Roberto Castro <robertoc@cetip.com.br> wrote:
> Yes, Dan. I have one subproject for each artifact.
> It is working without "maven.war.final.name", but according Brett Porter, when "Install"
copies artifacts to local repository, it keeps the original name, i.e., "$(ArtifactId}-${pom.currentVersion}.war".
It's OK now, but, the problem is that I would like to generate artifacts  with the following
names: "siloc-${pom.currentVersion}.war", "siloc-${pom.currentVersion}.jar" and "siloc-${pom.currentVersion}.ear",
but I think it is impossible.
> No problem at all, I will generate "silocWar-${pom.currentVersion}.war", "silocJar-${pom.currentVersion}.jar"
and "silocEar-${pom.currentVersion}.ear".
> I'll migrate to 1.0.2 anyway.
> Thanks a lot.
>        Regards,
>
>     Roberto de Castro
>     Analista de Suporte
>     Cetip - Desus Rio de Janeiro
>     +55 21 2276-7439

repository, It changes artifacts names, thus, even generating jar artifact with "maven.final.name",
"Install" changes its names to "$(ArtifactId}-${pom.currentVersion}.jar".

> > This is correct. The repository has a set format you can't change.
> >
> > > Besides this, when Maven genarates the 2 artifacts inside a "ear" artifact,
it is not able to change artifacts names using tag "<ear.bundle.name>"..
> > > Is it a bug? Is there a work around to do this changes?
> >
> > Sorry, someone else will have to help with EAR.
> >
> > - Brett

> > Atenção: Esta mensagem foi enviada para uso exclusivo do(s) destinatários(s)
acima