maven-users mailing list archives

From Dion Gillard <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the point of maven.ejb.excludes?
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:58:28 GMT
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:41:44 -0000, Peter Bright
<Peter.Bright@orbian.com> wrote:
> I don't really see how that answers the question.
>
> Why does maven.ejb.excludes operate on the *built* things and not on the
> *ejb* things?  There's already a way to stop stuff being built.

That's the way things like the jar plugin and ${maven.jar.excludes}
work, and it's trying to be consistent.

The jar plugin and the ejb plugin both allow you include/exclude files
from the maven.build.dest directory via properties.

> And why can't you exclude something from maven.ejb.src?

maven.ejb.src is really redundant. You can easily use <resources> to
do it far more flexibly. There's no way in the jar plugin for example
to include an extra source directory other than resources.

Personally, I'd rather we make the ejb plugin more like the jar
plugin, since they're functionally very similar.