maven-users mailing list archives

From "Benedict Heal" ...@benedictheal.com>
Subject downloading plugins in maven, and managing their versions
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:05:39 GMT

1. I want to ensure that all users have the necessary plugins, without their
having to
	resort to command-line incantations.

	It would seem that I could either have a sub-project - e.g.
"installPlugins" which
	expressed by dependencies of type 'plugin' what was wanted, or I could
write some Jelly.

	As this must be a common problem, what do others do, and could they point
me to some examples?

2.	Once I have all the necessary plugins, how can I ensure that I have the
latest version of each,
	without manually inspecting each site for an explicit version number.

Many thanks,
Benedict