maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugin's tag library question
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2005 22:11:36 GMT
Milos,

Not sure if this is correct, but dependencies of that type are treated
differently and installed as a plugin rather than on the classpath.
Unfortunately, I don't think that the plugin classes are added to the
project's classpath so you can't access that tag from maven.xml.

You have a couple of options:
- put the jelly utilising the tag in the plugin, perhaps wrapping it
in a <define: /> tag.
- if the plugin is only providing the tag lib, you don't need it to be
a plugin, just a normal JAR dependency.

HTH,
Brett