maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven and CruiseControl results display
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:14:06 GMT
> This is a Subversion repository.  What I'd like is to have Maven log
> it's output (from compilation and testing) that is currently going to
> the console to be saved the log that CruiseControl would then display as
> build result from the JSP page.
>
> So, here are my questions:
> 1) How do I get Maven to log this output?
> 2) Which log file should be specified the CC knows is the build output?

I don't know how CC does its thing here. It doesn't show in the build
results JSP, but it all appears in the email sent out. You can tweak
Maven's logging by giving it a custom log4j configuration, but really
CC should be doing something itself with stdout/stderr here, as it
does with the mail.

> Also, Maven is automatically running our JUnit tests and putting the
> output in target/test-reports.  The output is one .xml and one .txt file
> for each test case.  I have the following in CC's config.xml:
>
>      <log dir="logs/trunk">
>        <merge dir="checkout/trunk/target/test-reports/"/>
>      </log>
>
> but clicking the "Test Results" tab when looking at CC's JSP results
> dispays nothing.  What do I need to get the unit test results to show up
> in CC?

This works for me:
<log>
  <merge dir="checkout/core_systems/core_standalone/prs-FDRA/target/test-reports"
/>
</log>

Perhaps you need to double check your logDir in cruise control's web.xml?

HTH,
Brett