maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Downloading artifacts fails with a 301
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:32:51 GMT
could you file an issue in JIRA if one does not already exist? Maven
should follow it.

- Brett

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:21:14 -0500, Daniel . <constantine@soon.com> wrote:
> Turns out I wrongly accused the FAQ entry -  it states that http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
is the repo mirror not .com as I have in my build.properties.

> I have corrected the entry in my settings and artifacts can now be downloaded.  Though
I still think maven should follow the link forward as the http spec
> recommends...
>
> For the sake of posterity, if you get something like
>
> Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.com/maven/velocity-dvsl/jars/velocity-dvsl-0.45.jar]:
java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code was:
> 301
> WARNING: Failed to download velocity-dvsl-0.45.jar.
> The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:
> velocity-dvsl-0.45.jar
>
> get the file with wget or something, check the link that gets followed and update your
maven.repo.remote setting accordingly.