maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCM 1.5 beta plugin
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2005 19:59:04 GMT
> I've also settled maven.scm.svn.root and .method within project.properties.

These shouldn't be needed as your URL is correct.

> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/mainproject/tags'
> svn: '/repos/mainproject/tags' path not found
>
> At the end it goes to:
> https://myhost.mydomain/repos/mainproject/tags/RELEASE_1_0
> while it should go (for what i can imagine):
> https://myhost.mydomain/repos/mainproject/subproject/tags/RELEASE_1_0

The property is maven.scm.svn.tag.base=<url>
so, maven.scm.svn.tag.base=https://myhost.mydomain/repos/mainproject/subproject/tags

BUT, this is probably not what you want. If you svn update your
subproject, you'll get all the tags checked out to your working copy.

The default tag base is based on the fact you r are currently in the
"trunk" directory, according to this layout:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/HAUS/How+to+Organize+a+Subversion+Repository
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/HAUS/How+to+Tag+and+Branch+a+Subversion+Repository

These are taken from the SVN Book, and how the subversion developers
recommend you lay out the repository.

I'll deploy some updated documentation for the beta plugin later tonight.

Cheers,
Brett