maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiproject without the jars
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:22:54 GMT
Yes, sharing a classes directory will work, but you haven't answered
the reason why you think this is better :)

If you want to be able to copy single classes to the appserver, you
can still do this. /WEB-INF/classes takes precedence over
/WEB-INF/lib, so just copy it into there during development. I do this
via my IDE.

Your build should reflect the structure of the project in all stages,
not the way you develop. Adding extra development hooks is always
handy and a good idea, but it should not affect the core structure you
have in place for releases all the way through. You should be able to
build in any environment and expect a consistent result.

Cheers,
Brett