maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiproject without the jars
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:39:10 GMT
The only way would be to copy class files around, but its not recommended.

Jarring doesn't take very much time at all and makes everything a lot cleaner.

If Jarring takes time, is it really that the test step in between
java:compile and jar:jar is slow?

This is a separate problem - there are ways to disable tests for
development, but its also  highly recommended you run them if they are
effective. If they are slow, perhaps you have some integration or
performance tests in there and should split them into special
integration test projects that can be run before releases instead of
every build.

- Brett