maven-users mailing list archives

From Randy Xu...@post.harvard.edu>
Subject Multiproject without the jars
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:14:18 GMT
I have a multiproject project with the following subprojects:
* maven.root - the multiproject root
* app-lib
* app-jms (depends on lib)
* app-gui (depends on lib, jms)

I'd like to be able to run java:compile on all of them and just generate
the .class files.  Then I realized this is easier said than done.
They're currently set up to reference the jar files generated in an
earlier module.  That is, the app-jms compilation process depends on
app-lib-{version}.jar

Jarring takes time, and it's not neccessary to run the application so
I'd like to avoid it except for the distribution build.  Any easy way to
not build jar files in a multiproject setup?

-Randy