maven-users mailing list archives

From Rick Mann <rm...@roderickmann.org>
Subject Re: Maven help for building 2 versions for a component build
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 02:44:39 GMT

On Jan 13, 2005, at 10:30, Eric Pugh wrote:

> You could, I guess..  Really though, what makes the two projects
> different?

Well, I don't know about the original poster's situation, but we have
an API in a JAR file that we give out for public use and that we use
internally. However, the internal JAR includes a couple of additional
class files that we don't want to distribute outside.

I haven't yet built this API with maven, and am not sure how I will. I
guess the "right" way is to put the additional files in a new, separate
project (meaning separate, parallel directory structure), and build it
with a dependency on the public API. Just seems like a lot of work for
a couple of classes...

--
Rick