maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael Schuerig <mich...@schuerig.de>
Subject Re: Automatically generating download links
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:00:55 GMT
On Monday 17 January 2005 23:32, Brett Porter wrote:
> You'd need to set a filter using the snapshot's version (I'm not sure
> if that property is even exposed though), and copy with filtering
> turned on before publishing the site.

Thanks, I'll have a look. If nothing helps, I can always fall back to
ant.

> Here's another thought: why not SSI/IFRAME the *-snapshot-version
> file directly from the repository? site does not need republishing to
> be up to date then.

The project is not yet ready to be put in an official repository. It's
just a collection of my utility classes and its undergoing frequent and
sometimes rampant changes. I'll see if I can set up a repository on my
own site.

> Or another one: why do you need to know the version at all? Why not
> just use the SNAPSHOT indicator?

I want versions to be identifiable by the name of the jar.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                            This is not a false alarm
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                         This is not a test