maven-users mailing list archives

From Andy Lawrence <alawre...@medplus.com>
Subject Re: How to make executable jar file with dependency?
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:59:31 GMT
I've had better luck with this:
http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-javaapp-plugin/index.html

with uberjar, it packaged just fine, but there was a *long* delay in
starting up.  I don't exactly remember the reasons anymore, but
basically, to get dependent jars into your classpath (and those jars are
inside your uberjar) they use a custom classloader to do the trickery.

javaapp works a bit differently to make the classpath work:  at
generation time, it unpacks ALL of the dependent jars into one big tree,
and then jars that up.

HTH