maven-users mailing list archives

From "Ryan Sonnek" <rson...@digitalriver.com>
Subject RE: Checkstyle: Running Very Slow
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:24:34 GMT
you actually don't have to put your custom checks in the plugin
resources directory.  I place my checks directly in the project root and
everything works fine for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Giguere [mailto:eric.giguere@videotron.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 11:04 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Checkstyle: Running Very Slow

Hello
Yes, edit your own starting from the sun_check.xml.
For your config tweaks to be effective, try first locating the most
common errors (and least significant in your case) and remove them from
the checks that Checkstyle does.

Then, make the checkstyle plugin use that new config file by setting
this property in your project.properties:
maven.checkstyle.format=custom

Note that for this to work, you must put your custom_checks.xml file in
the
<user_root/.maven/cache>/maven-checkstyle-plugin-2.5-SNAPSHOT\plugin-res
ources

Hope it helps
Eric.

Haile, Mussie wrote:

>Hej et al -
>
>Have you guys noticed that Checkstyle is very slow?  I am running a
>multiproject which I need to run Checkstyle, PMD, JCaverage etc. to
collect
>different metric and make sure every one is following the Sun Java
Coding