maven-users mailing list archives

From Bent André Solheim <bent.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating eclipse .classpath files
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:11:37 GMT
Hi Claudius,

personally I would have split them into several smaller subprojects
and added dependencies in the coresponding project.xml's. It's easier
to maintain that way. For most of my projects I use a naming
convention on the project names;

projectname-root
projectname-web
projectname-ejbs
projectname-prod-deploy
etc...

This way you can develop and test the ejb's without touching the
cocoon-stuff, and vice versa. You may find that the ejb's stabilize
before the web (on my projects, my experience is that the model is
stable before the presentation), so when you work on the web part, you
don't have to worry about building the ejb's every time you want to
perform a test deployment.

On a side note, I have seen different organizations of subproject
directories than the one I use. I believe (not sure, though) that
maven2 uses a different approach. If you want to be sure to do it the
right way, you should perhaps do a little more research...

Hope this helps
Bent.