maven-users mailing list archives

From Barry Kaplan <grou...@memelet.com>
Subject Re: Use of ${version_num} in <dependency>?
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 03:37:57 GMT
Brett Porter wrote:
> It is inherited wherever project.xml is.

I copied the project.properties (container the version numbers) down to
the subproject. The ${..} were still not used in downloading the jar.
The attempt to download looked something like:

Attempting to download commons-logging-.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download commons-logging-.jar.
Attempting to download log4j-.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download log4j-.jar.

So it seems that there /was/ and attempt to interpret ${..}, but the
value was not found and thus "" was used.

I have to play some more to see if I can get any value from the
project.properties to be used in the project.xml.

Thanks for the help Brett!

--
barry kaplan
groups1@memelet.com