maven-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploy custom artifact's type
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 22:33:30 GMT
you can use the tags in the artifact plugin to deploy artifacts. It
only gets tricky if extension != type.

eg:
<project xmlns:artifact="artifact">
<goal name="my-deploy">
<artifact:deploy artifact="target/foo.csv" type="csv" project="${pom}" />
  </goal>
</project>

See plugin.jelly from the JAR plugin for an example. If you need
extension != type, look at the dist plugin source.

HTH,
Brett

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 13:09:28 -0500, Eric Giguere
<eric.giguere@videotron.ca> wrote:
> Hi Stéphane
>
> I've develop a completely new distribution plugin that I called
> uber-dist. Its goal is to allow maven users to build "complex"
> distributions. At work here, we build a server application based on a
> commercial framework. Distribution mechanism currently in maven are not
> suited for that kind of project...well...not for its deployment anyway.
>
> The new distribution plugin works more or less like the xdoc plugin,
> that is based on a registration. You project must register with the
> plugin and then the plugin will call a custom goal that you write in
> your project to perform all imaginable operations required to build your
> distribution.
>
> I will maybe submit this plugin through someday, to source-forge or
> somewhere else but if you (or anybody that is) are interested, I can
> send it directly to you and you can play with it.
>
> Regards,
> Eric.
>

> Stéphane Nicoll wrote:
>
> >Hello list,
> >
> >We are using the listfoot compare tool to compare changed files between two releases.
Is there an easy way to deploy custom arfiacts in maven (I am thinking about the CSV file
generated by listfoot).

> >Typically, I would have a dependency on the previously CSV file to compare it with
the current one. Is there something about this in the deploy/artifact plugin?