maven-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Mutonho <ejbeng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Reactor build order
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:47:51 GMT
Hmmm...when I had a similar problem of a messed build order , it was
because a "copy and paste" error in one of my project.xml files .I had
the same

<id>"blah_blah"</id>
<name>blah blah</name>

in the project.xml files for  two different projects.I had copied and
pasted from one project.xml file to the other and forgot to change
values for the <id> and <name> fields

jeff mutonho

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 09:39:23 -0500, Louis Burroughs
<lburroug@aholdusa.com> wrote:
> I am having trouble with Reactor changing the build order in my project
> when the dependencies have not changed.  At one point I manged to get my
> two war files built and installed in the local repository, then the ear
> file was built.  After I added more goals, my build order went to fifo
> (first in first out).  The adding of the other goals may be totally
> incidental, but something other than dependency is effecting Reactor's
> processing order and I can't find it can someone help?
>
> My Project Structure:
>
> -top
>        -ear
>        -war1
>        -war2
>
> Top Level maven.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <project default="ipm:build-all" xmlns:j="jelly:core" xmlns:maven="jelly:maven">
>        <goal name="ipm:build-all">
>                <maven:reactor basedir="${basedir}" includes="*/project.xml" goals="ipm-dist"
banner="Building" ignoreFailures="false"/>