maven-users mailing list archives

From Hervé Guidetti <Herve.Guide...@linkvest.com>
Subject Compilation doesn't generate a compilation error
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:59:15 GMT
Hi all,

I am a newbee with Maven. I just have tested it.
I have created a little "HelloWorld" class.  I have written a wrong code on purpose.

public class HelloWorld
{

 public void hello ()
 {
  System.out.println2("Hello World !");
 }

  new HelloWorld().hello();
 }
}

When I compile it using "javac *.java", the compilator generate a compilation error.
If I use maven java:compile, it build successfuly.
I have decompiled the class and the generated method hello() is :

public void hello(){
throw new Error("Unresolved compilation problem: \n\tThe method println2(String) is undefined
for the type PrintStream\n");
}

I found that dangerous not to have a compilation error.
Is that normal ?

Thanks for your help.
Hervé

P.S : I using Maven 1.0, jdk 1.4.2_05 on WinXP.