maven-users mailing list archives

From Erik Husby <mhu...@broad.mit.edu>
Subject Re: javac: target release 1.1 conflicts with default source release 1.5
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:27:24 GMT
Feilpe Vieira Silva wrote:

>another issue:
>
>I´m trying to follow the great article at
>http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-maven/
>
>this article suggested me to create a project tree such as:
>
>schoolbus
>     +----- schoolbus-core
>     +----- schoolbus-quaestio
>
>and then to create a project file for each sub-project with the
><extends> tag....

What you should do is

schoolbus
    +-- core
    +-- quaestio
    +-- deployable application

In schoolbus/project.xml -- no dependencies, just common information
in core/project.xml -- extend schoolbus/project.xml
in quaestio/project.xml -- extend schoolbus/project.xml, depend on core.jar
in deployable application -- extend schoolbus/project.xml, depend on
core.jar, quaestio.jar

then you can do from schoolbus "maven multiproject:install" to build all
installable artifacts in the correct order.

--
Erik Husby
Team Lead for Software Quality Automation