maven-users mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject [jalopy][antlr] Making Jalopy massage the generated ANTLR output
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 17:10:00 GMT
Hiya,

I've worked a cludge to get the Jalopy Plugin to clean up the generated
source files from the ANTLR Plugin.  Here's why its a cludge.  First the
ANTLR Plugin generates files into target/antlr which is a pretty good
way to go; this way 'clean' goals remove all the unecessary generated
stuff.  The problem is there is no property I can set which makes Jalopy
capable of scrubbing source files anywhere except under src/java or
src/test.  So I just make ANTLR generate into src/java.  This is the
cludge.  Of course I have a post goal to find and cleanup generated
files.  But why do that if its not right.

Now I ask, is there anyway I can get Jalopy to format code anywhere
other than in src/java?

It would be nice to have this for all code generating plugins so we can
format output right after generation.  This would make all the nasty
yellow ticks in Eclipse or IDEA go away for generated code.  Oh and yes
I tried using filters in the ide to get rid of complaints but this has
major problems too and in the end the code stays ugly :(.

Thanks,
Alex