maven-users mailing list archives

From "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: maven test:test
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:29:22 GMT
Ben Anderson wrote:
> That did it - I didn't have <unitTestSourceDirectory> defined - I was
> just going off of this:
> http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#POM_Inheritance
>
> Once again I will say that it'd be pretty much impossible to use maven
> w/out being on this list or else delving into the code for every
> little thing as the documentation is so poor.  But I'm not complaining
> because this list has been very good to me :-)

If you have complaints, then I'd say go ahead and complain.  It's better
than complaining, then saying that you're not really complaining.

While I wouldn't agree with you that the documentation is "poor", I
would say that, like almost all documentation that I've seen, it could
be improved.

I've found it very possible to use Maven successfully without asking
questions on the list, as I'm sure many others have as well.