maven-users mailing list archives

From John McLaughlin <j...@eircom.net>
Subject Re: JAXB or XMLBeans plugin
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 07:50:12 GMT
	If data binding is what you want, check out Castor as well. I settled
on that for a project after trying both XMLBeans and JAXB (Sun
implementation). I find the API generated by XMLBeans to be very
unwieldy, though it does work. Sun JAXB is much nicer to work with,
however the implementation had some major problems when I evaluated it
(last about 2-3 months ago), most seriously that it ignored "default"
values in schemas - a bug that seemed to have been around for a least a
year at that stage.

	Castor however works very well, and has a plugin.

John