maven-users mailing list archives

From "Duncan Krebs" <li...@krebsnet.com>
Subject Project Distribution Process
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 01:35:55 GMT
Hi,
I've been working on implementing Maven into my build process and was wondering how to go
about a couple of things.

When I build a distribution of a project I want Maven to put that newly compiled jar into
a central repository so that other projects can reference to it in project.xml. Would this
newly created jar go into the same repository that holds all my third party jars? If thats
the case then I'd have to create my own central repository and not use the public one?

The other thing I was wondering, in the documentation it says the optional source repository
information in project.xml is used in the distribution process but thats about it. What can
I do with this? Can I for example have maven create a new branch everytime I distribute a
new version? Does the eclipse plugin automatically generate cvs connection info when it creates
the eclipse project files?

Thanks
dkrebs